This weekend I am at the beautiful Gaylord Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee for the amazing Blissdom Conference. I got here Thursday afternoon and I have already met some incredible bloggers. I can't wait for the rest of the weekend. Oh and I have an amazing story for you about how I got here. So stay tuned for that next week!
This morning I attended the 7:00 workout with Suzanne Bowen. So while I recover and eat my bowl of oatmeal, I thought I would do a quick post…well, hopefully quick. I wanted to do an introduction to my new Blissdom BFFs and maybe tell my long-time dedicated friends and readers some things that you didn't know about me.
So here goes 10 facts about a snowflake…
1. My whole name is Alicia Stunkel. My maiden name was Fox. When I was marrying my incredible husband, I thought, "Lord, do I have to marry someone who's last name is Stunkel?" But he is well worth that name. And after almost 18 years of marriage, it is part of who I am.
2. Since my maiden name was Fox and my middle name is Lynn, that made my initials ALF. Remember him??? Well he was popular when I was in high school. Everyone got a kick out of calling me ALF. My creative best friend decided to combine ALF and Alicia into Alfecia. That is where my Twitter name originated.
3. I love the color purple. When I was a child, I wanted a favorite color. Being the analytical thinker that I am, I systematically went through the crayon box until I narrowed it down to my favorite color. Yes, I should have known then that I would be an accountant. And yes, I did bring my favorite purple outfits to Blissdom with me.
4. June will mark my 4 year blogaversary. It has been an amazing ride. Through it, I have learned to just be myself and not worry what others think of me…including all the blog stats. If you read my blog, know how very much I appreciate you. But I cannot get caught up in the numbers. They do not define my self worth. (Where did that come from?!? This was supposed to be fun!)
5. I am in my 6th year of homeschooling my 14 yearl old son, who loves music. He plays the trumpet, tenor sax, and the piano; and he also sings. He is the light of my life. And I thank God everyday for allowing me to be his mother.
6. Last year's Blissdom was a catalyst for me. It helped me to finally see that I needed to do something about my weight. Since then I have lost 35 lbs. It has been an amazing journey. It has been hard, but it has helped me see that I really can make a change in my life. I feel so much better about myself. And I am grateful that I was nudged to make that change.
7. When I first posted about my struggle with my weight, the response was overwhelming. As a result, I host the weekly meme Weight Loss Wednesday. It's a time when people can post about their weight loss success and failures. It's a community of three strands, a place for encouragement and support. Losing weight can be very difficult. It helps to know there are others on the same path.
8. Ok, I need to add something fun. But the reality is that I am not necessarily a fun person. I am very serious. I think serious thoughts. As a matter of fact, I am always thinking. But I'm ok with that. I hope you'll love me anyway
9. I am terrible with pictures. That's why you hardly ever find them on my blog. So I hope you'll forgive me for all the words. Along w/being serious I can also be wordy. Maybe I'll attend the Blissdom, Cut to the Chase: Learn Why Less Is More When It Comes to Your Writing.
10. I am also a terrible organizer. People think that accountants are organized people. Not me! I am organized at work. But the rest of my life not so much. I've learned to be at peace with my mess!
Ok, so I know I said 10. But I need to add one more…
11. I am a follower of Christ. This relationship defines me more than anything else above. His love and grace have carried me through a life that hasn't always been easy. But I've always known His hand of protection. And I am SO VERY thankful for his love, which does define me.
Okay, one more. You'll forgive me, right?!?!
12. Number 11 is why I blog. I am called to encourage women. When you visit, Confessions of a Snowflake, I want you to have a spiritual spa moment. It's a moment to breathe out releasing the stress of life and breathe in the grace of God. When you leave, I want you to feel encouraged and know that you are loved by the Creator of the Universe who made you uniquely you…just like a snowflake.
If you are still interested and you would like to know more about me, my testimony is on my About Me page.
So now that you know more about me, I hope you'll keep up with me!
My Facebook page, Confessions of a Snowflake
Twitter as alfecia
You can be in my circle on Google+
I also have a page for my blog on Google+, Confessions of a Snowflake
And don't forget Pinterest, alfecia